Skurpski and Dixon Hughes Goodman Partner Bill Walters to Address the Interim DoD Business Rule among Other Topics
June 4, 2011 (Reston, VA) — The Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum (SECAF), announced that Paul Skurpski, PVBS co-founder and partner, would be a participant at the SECAF “Business Systems Made Easy” panel discussion on June 7 at the Tower Club. Skurpski is a frequent and highly-regarded speaker on government contractor business and financial management topics.
According to SECAF, the session will “discuss the ever increasing importance of business systems in the Federal marketplace. Formerly only cost reimbursement contracts and large contractors needed to ensure business systems that satisfy the requirements of the DCAA audit. Today, the smallest contractor can be easily omitted from the competitive range or face a tremendous squeeze on cash flow if they fail to understand and ensure that their business systems are adequate for Government contracting.”
The panel will discuss:
- Contract type risks and how they impact business system requirements
- What a business system is — and what a business system is not supposed to be!
- The current status of the draft DoD business system rule and how this may impact future contract awards and subsequent performance
- Recent activities of DCAA and DCMA regarding responsibility for adequacy determinations
- How to use your business system as an effective tool to help you run your business rather than simply letting Federal oversight “run your business”
Also participating on the panel will be Bill Walter, CPA, Partner, Dixon Hughes Goodman
Bill has a thorough knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), individual agency supplements to the FAR, the Truth in Negotiations Act and the Cost Accounting Standards.
About Pleasant Valley Business Solutions (PVBS)
Pleasant Valley Business Solutions (PVBS), a “Microsoft Business Solutions President’s Club Member,” offers the premier Microsoft Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) compliant solution for government contractor ERP, financial management and project accounting. Microsoft offers a better project accounting and financial management solution than what’s been available in the past to high-growth government contractors. Only PVBS offers a Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution that was created specifically for high-growth government contractors in order to help these companies better manage and optimize their Federal Government business. PVBS services government contractors around the globe. Visit PVBS at www.pvbs.net.